Your De Soto Wildcats Boys and Girls Basketball are both STATE BOUND! The brackets for the KSHSAA Class 5A State Tournament will be released on the KSHSAA website at 10:00am on Sunday, March 8th. The State games will take place in Emporia, KS at White Auditorium.
The #4 De Soto Boys (16-6) will play in the Quarterfinals on Wednesday, March 11th at 4:45pm vs. #5 Wichita-Kapaun MC (16-6). A student pep bus will be scheduled for 2:45pm on Wednesday. There must be at least 40 students sign up.
The #7 De Soto Girls (16-6) will play in the Quarterfinals on Thursday, March 12th at 6:30pm vs. #2 Andover Central (21-1). A student pep bus will be scheduled for 4:30pm on Thursday. There must be at least 40 students sign up.
Both teams must win their Quarterfinal round game to advance to the Final Four on Friday, March 13th and Saturday March 14th.
State Basketball Shirts can be ordered here: https://squareup.com/store/desotobasketball?scrlybrkr=a960833f
De Soto High School will be organizing Pep Buses to transport students. There must be at least 40 students sign up for the Pep Bus to make the trip to Emporia. Students can pick up permission slips in the office when signing up for the State Basketball Pep Bus. Students must be passing all of their classes and be in good standing in order to leave school early and ride to Emporia on a Pep Bus.
Student Expectations for Pep Buses:
- Students are expected to ride the bus to and from the event. We will not permit students to leave the State Basketball Tournament early.
- Students are responsible for entry fees into the games and for their own food at the games. Student tickets are $6.00. Concessions are available and students will need to provide their own money for all food purchases.
- Students are expected to adhere to school policy while on the trip. Failure to do so will result in the disciplinary action from the school.
- Deadline for students to sign up is Tuesday, March 10th at 3:00pm for the Boys Quarterfinal game. Deadline for the Girls Quarterfinal game is Wednesday, March 11th at 3:00pm. The Sign-up sheets can be picked up in the office when students sign their name on the sign up sheet.
- Students must have the pep bus permission slip signed and in hand when boarding the pep bus. Forms MUST be handed to the staff supervisor before boarding the bus.
- Students must have their $6 in hand when boarding the bus, in order to confirm their entry into the White Auditorium.